Monday, October 3, 2016

Thank you

Having emerged from hospital hell I was a bit shaken to find so many kind words and offers of prayers from respected colleagues, readers and well-wishers in both the combox and in emails.  Even (to my astonishment) a notable Catholic news site, Canon212, asked for prayers.  I was deeply moved and, for once in my life, speechless.

I don't know what to say other than to repeat what Miss Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot said one night while saying his rosary, "Thank you, God, for making me a Catholic". If I wasn't a Catholic I would not be the recipient of such Catholic charity and kindness and good will as expressed by so many good people.

In a mere 80+ days the Christ Child will be with us once again.  May the blessings of that Holy Child be upon all of you and your families.  And may those blessings help to fill in for the inadequacy of my expressions of gratitude and the poorness of the prayers I will say in return for all of you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...