Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Congratulations to Archbishop Jerome Listecki

This blog has not been shy in calling on the carpet cowardly Bishops, do-gooder Bishops and out and out villainous Bishops, and it has not been shy in criticizing Jerome Listecki, my Bishop.

But credit must in justice be given where credit is due, and Archbishop Listecki has made a courageous public statement about the latest debacle which emerged from the despotism in Washington.  Our thanks to the Badger Catholic blog for bringing it to our attention.

A quote:

We will not be assuaged from what the Church teaches and I believe it calls for even greater courage in the face of this rejection of truth. Ever the social critic, Cardinal Francis George may be right when he said that he will die in his bed, his successor will die in jail and the one who follows his successor will die a martyr in the public square. He envisioned the social upheaval in our society as a mounting persecution of the Church. I will willingly wear the orange jumpsuit, if it means standing up for the truth and the Catholic faith.

Thank you, Your Excellency.

Now the fight has begun in earnest, and we will be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cardinal Francis George's quote reminds me of a similar one made by Jean de Valette the commander of the defenders of Malta during the muslim siege of 1565.
On seeing the Knights' position was almost hopeless and muslims were pouring through a breech in the walls, he said to an officer; "hand me my sword, I am 70 years old and have no wish to die in my bed." Whereupon he threw himself into the thick of the fighting. His courage so inspired the defenders that the battle was turned and the besiegers couldn't regain the momentum.
G.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...