Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Forgotten Ones



I've often tried to think about the most forgotten soul in Purgatory, the one no one ever thinks of or prays for or remembers.  There was at one time, I believe, a special devotion to the most forgotten soul there, which was encouraged by the Church. When my cluttered mind is occasionally at rest I do try to say a Hail Mary for them.  They are there, suffering, waiting for someone to help them with a prayer or a Mass.

A good devotion that, to recall them with at least a prayer that will alleviate some of their sufferings.

Our parish priest said on Sunday that this is the month of the year when we must strive with our prayers to empty Purgatory.  A fine thought.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not forgotten them. I am praying the Chaplet for the Poor Souls nearly every day and have Masses offered for them throughout the year. (Latin Masses) Thank your for the reminder, though

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...